Friday 27 April 2012

PIONEER FUN!



Unfortunately the weather was against me today so my photo couldnt be taken outside due to rain (and forecast for more this week) but I managed to get this one taken the best I could.  When the weather returns I will upload a better image (the challenge closes on the 30th so had to submit this one asap) - nothing like the last minute!


Anyway, with housekeeping out of the way I enjoyed this challenge at Colourful Creations - White + Kraft!  I found this photo of myself and my husband and thought it was a good one to use for the colours....I used a Martha Stewart border punch, then using eyelets I strung the two pieces together with a thick kraft piping ribbon.  I embossed alot of white paper and fussy cut the flowers & swirls to add to the photo border along with some painted Dusty Attic chippees.  I wanted to use a "dress form" from my resistant canvas embellies (prima) but it looked too 'cream' for the 'white' challenge so I used it as a template and fussy cut on kraft instead.  I enjoyed using misting, paint and ink on this page and starting to experiment even more to get the effects that I want.  I know I am only a beginner with wet mediums but its a start!



These types of challenges really help the imagination go wild with the embellies I have but am still finding the real challenge is in the colour combos - I am hoping to get back to Colour Combos Galore and reach their date line for the next pallette!

Happy Days!

P.S.  I managed to get a photo while the sun was out - Not sure if its a better pic but thought would upload anyways!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Congrats on being POTD, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved how this turned out Rach, so many beautiful elements have come together to make this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again Congrats on being pick of week, woot woot. Isn't it way more fun to be on a site this picks all sorts of styles no matter what your level is, not to mention the site isn't worried people won't stay because they are not featuring just AMAZING layouts, as they say beautify is in the eye of the beholder and this goes for scrapping as well. Its more encouraging knowing your have a chance to be featured rather than thinking whats the point as its always the same old same. CONGRATS TO YOU, this is definitely feature worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete