Monday 4 June 2012

What a great weekend!  It was wonderful to see all the lovely ladies once again at Fi's Scrapbook Retreat.  This is about 7 years in a row that some ladies have attended.  I have missed a couple over the years but have been for the last 2 years and it gets better every time.  We have plenty of laughs, lots of food (oh boy is there lots of food!), great scrap challenges, lack of sleep and we all hope to get plenty of pages done - and if not - it didn't matter!

One particular challenge I REALLY enjoyed was to create a page with 2 pieces of printed paper that you would not normally use i.e. we called it 'ugly' paper LOL!  Uno the ones in your stash that you bought and thought you could use - well it was a great challenge. 

Here is the 'flower' paper - I used up the plaid paper as 'background' so unfortunately didnt get to take a photo of it.


Here is the page I created with the 'ugly' paper. You were allowed to use cardstock from your stash but you had to use nothing but the printed paper. I had 2 pieces - one had flowers covered all over it and the other was plaid - yep - you heard me - plaid mmmmm....


I used the 'flower' paper by fussy cutting the different colours and used eyelets/split pins to make the petaled flowers on the bottom. The 'plaid' I used my martha stewart floral punch and created the 'grass' and used it on top of the page under the cardstock.  It actually worked in well with a series of photos I have from my travels in WV in 2005 during fall.  So as you can see - its amazing what you can do to challenge one-self!

Here's Fi with her 'blank' canvas getting ready to create a fab page:-


Heres a couple more pics of lovely ladies from the weekend


Thanx Fi for a wonderful weekend - I know its alot of work for you to organise but it truely is a great way to get us girls together for some fun & frivolity!

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the ugly paper who said they were ugly. Ha ha ha love the pictures as well forgot you were going around with the camera...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah you are a friend of Fi's! She is a great girl!! Looks like she did a great job at the crop - love your page!!That chippie is yumbo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the page you created with those "ugly" papers. I've got stacks of them!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog too and leaving me a comment. Fi's great isn't she. Wish I lived in the sunshine country, the weather has gone from 24c to 4c in 2 weeks here!! xx

    ReplyDelete